About Me

Hello my name is Anne... and I like to run, find out a bit more about me. Check out my past races too.


Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Have Surprised Myself

Usually when the new year comes around and I hit the treadmill after the holidays I have to start right back at the beginning.  I can barely make a mile on my first run back.  This year after barely running during November - February, I have been able to do a slow 3 miles, which feels great! I have already started my 10K training program.

With my success on the treadmill this far I have not been gun shy about pulling the trigger on race sign ups. I have signed Gavin and I up for our 3rd annual Energize the Earth 5K in Beverly, MA (My PR course).  Also, since running the half in San Jose last year I have been debating on which half to run this year. The one that stands out the most from seeing friends run it last year on Facebook and since it was my backup if I couldn't make the California trip work, was Smuttynose Rockfest Half in Hampton, NH. Gavin and I are all signed up for him to run his first half. Everyone I know that ran it in the past said it is a great flat course. Tomorrow me and 5 other girls are going to enter the lottery for the Harpoon 5miler, last time I ran that was 2005... Oh, how things were different 9 years ago!

One week from today I will be running my first 5K of the year, Ras na hEirearnn.  It is my second year in a row running it. My time last year was 35:03 and although my training has been lacking this year, I want to beat my previous time. Last year was all about firsts, this year it is all about competing against myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment