About Me

Hello my name is Anne... and I like to run, find out a bit more about me. Check out my past races too.


Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blogging Hiatis

It has been a while, but things got a little crazy in my life. I am not going to lie, my half training hasn’t been what it should have been.
There has been a lot more of this than running.

Of course when one of these opens down the street you have to check it out!

There was also a lot of this... 

Then feeling like this...

And who wants to run when you slept on the rock solid ground all night? (Should have packed the air mattress)

Camping at the beach... very nice, only wish the weather had been better.

I finally got the Garmin, splurging on the Forerunner 610 and so far my only concern/complaint is scratching the face. It keeps me off the treadmill, only problem has been finding a trail to run on.



Soon after the Garmin entered my life I figured out that Marathon Sports will honor a gift certificate without the physical piece of paper. IF only I had called before… wha whaaa...  These shoes make so much difference.  I have already noticed certain aches going away.

The people at Marathon Sports were super helpful, and they ask just the right questions to make sure you don't leave the store with something that doesn't seem right on your foot. It was a little tricky because after they figure out what support you need base on how you pronate and your support needs it is up to you to make sure you feel comfortable. I have been wearing New Balance for so long they just felt natural, but the cushion in the Asics and Saucony just made me feel like I was floating. I must have tried on 8 pairs of shoes. The best part, for those of you who are similarly large footed, they really didn't seem to have a problem with finding shoes in my size.  (I have gone to other stores where a 10.5 or 11, I have big feet, was just not easy to come by.) They also have a great return policy, make sure you get the most use out of the shoes as possible in the first 15 days and if you find that they are not the shoes for you, full refund.

I ended up with a pair of Saucony's so far so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment