About Me

Hello my name is Anne... and I like to run, find out a bit more about me. Check out my past races too.


Friday, July 12, 2013

Competitive... against myself

Workout: week 1 of Ripped in 30

Work up and did a Jillian video this AM. It is great for strength, jumping part of the new sensation HIIT (High Intensity Ingerval Training). Now I want to take a nap, so I think it worked!

When I sign up for a "race" it never occurs to me to try and win... funny thought, I am not sure that that will ever be me. I know where I am physically. No matter how I will raise my Lactate Threshold or possibly increase my VO2 max, I don't ever see that as being my goal. The pure adrenaline of running with a group of people for a collective goal, to finish, which leads to the feeling of accomplisment.

I can be a competitive person, I get excited when I can guess correctly on Trivia Pursuit and I don't play Pictonary because 60 seconds is not enough time to craft my masterpiece. I get more frustrated when I can't do something than if I don't win, (eg, Baseball on the PS2). When it comes to running, I want to beat myself.  I am very impressed with people that run a sub 7 minute mile, but I succeed to them in a race. I am willing to take my tail back to the 11 minute mile corral.

My current 5K PR is 33:05, now this is something I want to improve. My PR for 5 miles is 54:18 and my only 9K (5.58 miles) was at 1:03:16. I am going to estimate that my 10K will be around 1:10:xx, closer to my 9K time than based on the estimates that my 5K gives me.

If you go onto RunnersWorld.com they give you estimates based on your race times.


  • 1500 meters: 9:14 (not sure when I would need to run this distance)
  • 1 mile: 9:54 (surprising)
  • 3K: 19:15 (another strange distance)
  • 5K: 33:05 
  • 5 miles: 54:47 (very close to one of my previous times)
  • 10K: 1:08:59 (not sure I will hit this, but it is close to my estimate)
  • 10 miles: 1:54:13
  • Half: 2:32:11 
  • 26.2 miles: 5:17:18 (still not sure I want to take on this many miles at once)

I don't feel 100% confident about this upcoming 10K, but it is my first and a good way to set the bar!



For graduation... not sure which one, someone gave me this journal and I haven't done anything with it yet. It has now officially become my running log. I like to actually write my ideas down before they go onto the computer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment