About Me

Hello my name is Anne... and I like to run, find out a bit more about me. Check out my past races too.


Monday, July 29, 2013

Running Gods Smiled

This morning the running gods smiled on me.  Best run I have had in over 2 weeks.

No one said it would be easy but it can be rewarding if you can get past the fumbles. This past week i have felt defeated by the prospect of running a half in October, "What did I get myself into?" Now I am a bit behind in my training program according to Hal Higdon, but not so much that I will let it get me down.

I am very excited about the 10K this Sunday, it is practically in my back yard. Going over the bridge and back might not be great, but it has to be better than the Gansett Run.

This morning I was watching the Today Show and Gone Baby Gone, to say I was a bit over stimulated is an understatement. As a girl with ADD that is the best way to keep me going. I have already admitted to be a total crybaby (Here is a question, does cardio enhance emotions?)  There was a story entitled Dream Wedding, which perked my interest as Gavin and I are planning on tying the knot some time in the near-ish future. I should have known that this story was going to be a tear jerker. A San Francisco couple was getting married before the bride died of terminal cancer. The strength of both bride and groom is astounding and if it doesn't make you tear up, take your breath away and not take advantage of the life you have all at once, I don't know what will. Heart breaking and inspiring all at the same time. The whole thing really made me pick up my pace, I should just consider having The Notebook on repeat when I start on my long runs.

My attempt at taking a picture of a double rainbow... not sure you really get the effect.

Workout: TM 3.15 miles / 34 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment