About Me

Hello my name is Anne... and I like to run, find out a bit more about me. Check out my past races too.


Thursday, May 30, 2013

Riding the Runners High

Workout: 4.04 miles / 43:40

After a bit of a mishap with my original treadmill choice, I moved onto another one and I was off and running!

I decide for the sake of my nose I would run in a climate and room with an air filter. Turns out it was for the best it was steamy outside even at 7:30. Even with my generic target variety Claritin, my nose has been losing its mind.  If only you saw the sneezfest I had when I got in my car.

My goal was 4 miles based on my sub 60 10K training program. Goal complete! My biggest issue was I didn't give myself enough time to run 4 miles.  I never give myself enough time when I run in the AM... truthfully I am terrible at timing things, but when I know I need to be on the treadmill for at least 45 minutes... I should probably give myself at least 50.  I could get up earlier in the AM... that would mean getting to bed earlier.

So here is the rub, Gavin gets home about 9:30PM every night, that gives me about an hour to hangout with him before I turn into a pumpkin.

Anywhoodles, while I was running I just felt so good, if I had given myself more time I probably would have run longer. Due to the time constraint I just upped the speed with 15 minutes left and progressively sped up. I have some lessons from not giving yourself enough time after a workout.


  • I didn't stretch, all that paranoia about getting hurt and I am just willing it to happen by ignoring my stretches.
  • Rushing to get ready, no bueno! (TMI alert: I keep a tooth brush and deodorant at work just in case I forget... it was that kind of rushing this AM)
  • Get off the treadmill sweaty, go directly into a hot show and according to an episode of Seinfeld... "the shower didn't take". I was just as sweaty post shower... gross, I know! 
GEORGE: "What day is today?....Aw. ..Tuesday! Damn it. I shouldn't have worked out today. Mr Wilhem has called a big meeting and now I'm gonna be sweating through the whole thing."

JERRY: "Why. You took a shower?"

GEORGE: "Aahhrgh...it wouldn't take...... long pause, audience laughter) ten minutes from now, I'll be sweating all over again ,I can feel it. I'm a human heat pump!"

KRAMER: "You should take cold showers."

GEORGE: "Cold showers? They're for psychotics."


You really can find anything on the Interwebs, apparently even every Seinfeld script is out there.

I officially had a runners high today! Not sure if it was because I felt so good during or if it was because I hit my goal. Days like today I want to run all over again and then days like the past 3, where I wanted to hit the couch like a sack of potatoes.

I am going to take today's high and hit that cross training machine (elliptical) tomorrow!

June 5th is National Running Day, will you be running?

Today was my first time contributing to #tbt (Throw back Thursday) Who am I to forgo the trends, actually I am usually just a little late to the party, (and here we are, full circle). Oh my, does anyone know what time it is?

#tbt Here you Go! (different one than on Instagram... so hit me up there if you want to see more)

No comments:

Post a Comment